Make this Sweet Potato Casserole this Thanksgiving
Are you looking for some last-minute easy recipes you can add to your thanksgiving dinner? We all know what the hero of the evening is however the turkey cannot shine on its own. That’s when you need to have those delicious side dishes!
- 500g sweet potatoes
- 125g butter, plus extra for the dish
- 125g light brown soft sugar
- 150ml whole milk
- 3 eggs
- grating of nutmeg
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp vanilla bean paste
- For the topping
- 35g butter
- 75g plain flour
- 75g light brown soft sugar
- 50g pecans, chopped
- Heat a large pan over medium-high heat while it is filled with boiling water from the kettle. Insert the whole, unpeeled sweet potatoes very carefully, and cook for 30 minutes, or until they are extremely soft when punctured with a sharp knife. Peel after allowing to cool for 10 minutes and thoroughly drain.
- Oven temperature set to 180°C/160°F fan/gas 4. Pour the peeled sweet potatoes, butter, and salt into a large basin. Use a potato masher to mash everything together until it is perfectly smooth. Whisk everything together until it is well-combined and creamy before adding the brown sugar, milk, eggs, spices, and vanilla.
- Scrape the sweet potato mixture into a 20 x 30 cm baking dish after lightly buttering it. Rub the butter into the flour, then add the brown sugar, pecans, and a generous amount of salt to make the topping. After uniformly sprinkling the topping over the sweet potato filling, bake for 45–50 minutes, or until the topping is golden.