Why You Should Try Keto Diet?
Are you someone who is having a hard time keeping in shape or losing few pounds to get your desired body during this lockdown? Do you feel very lazy or unwilling to work out because you lack the motivation since you are stuck inside your house? Then the first thing that comes to your mind is to go on a diet. But, which one? Keto Diet or Ketogenic diet is a form of a low-carb and high-fat diet that has been proven to be very effective in weight loss among tested people. And to persuade you to start this, here are some reasons why you should start this diet as soon as possible.
- Faster Weight Loss: Studies have shown that a group of people who followed the keto diet have lost almost 1 kilo on average more than the group following a low-fat diet. Even though it has similarities with Atkins and low-carb diet, but due to its more strict nature, this one still takes the metaphoric cake when it comes to faster results.
- Controls Blood Sugar Level: This diet helps control the blood sugar levels in our bodies and can be a preemptive measure for diabetes. This can also reverse existing type 2 Diabetes. Another study shows the level of hemoglobin A1C, a measure of long-term blood sugar management, is reduced among a group of women who followed the keto diet for 90 days.
- Reduces Risk of Heart Disease: The overall level of insulin produced in your body is reduced, causing the body to stop producing bad cholesterol, and HDL (good) cholesterol level rises. This results in lower blood pressure levels and reduces the risk of heart diseases.
- Improves Skin Conditions: The possible causes of acne can include the high consumption of carbohydrates on a daily basis. So, cutting out all the bad types of carbs can reduce acne breakouts.
- Improves Other Nervous System Disorders: Keto Diet can have an effect on the brain and spine as it affects the nerves that link them. So, this diet can be beneficial for reducing seizures of epilepsy, improving symptoms of Parkinson’s disease and Alzheimer’s disease.
- Reverses Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: Since this diet reduces the level of insulin produced in our body, it helps in reversing PCOS among women. PCOS is a Condition among women when their ovaries become enlarged and fluid-filled sacs form around the eggs. This could create complications during the Conception of their child.
After reading all the health benefits you can possibly get from this, hope it inspired you to start your Keto Journey at your earlier convenience. For a starter guide, click here to know what you can and can’t eat during this.